This week has finally come to an end... well almost. I finished up with some great finds and I'm super happy! Let's start out with my awesome mommy jeans. In my last post "Monday Thrifting Adventure" I talked about the retro jeans that I wanted specifically vintage high-waist, bell bottom.
I found something similar and better than I imagined... AH! They have an interesting white rope detail around the waist and back pockets, they're a dark indigo and they're really durable. I'm so happy because I started thinking about buying these on Yoox.com.
Glad I didn't.
- Red striped vintage blouse- thrifted Goodwill
- High-waist vintage jeans- thrifted Value Village
At two different Value Villages I sifted through thousands of jeans before I found them... for $3.50! Unfortunately VV doesn't have fitting rooms and I cannot buy jeans that I haven't tried on.
Annnnd I did not follow my own rule. WEAR LEGGINGS when I'm on the prowl for jeans!
Which brings me to....
Defined: The Changing Tent Maneuver
I ended up having to cleverly morph into the jeans in the open. Basically if you've never done it before this move is a LIFESAVER! For those of you who don't know this is how you do it.
1. Find a long, bulky prarie skirt, you're gonna need some room in the tent. (And a mirror) lol
2. Put the skirt on over your jeans, waistline just above your belly button.
3. Now wiggle out of your jeans and slip on the other pair (all under the skirt of course)!
4. Remove hideous prarie skirt
5. Look in the mirror....love jeans/hate jeans
6. Put prarie skirt back on, and Repeat
After I've worn these jeans around a bit I can tell why our parents were horrified by the low and extra low rise jeans that became trendy. However, I find these vintage jeans much more "sexy"... they give you curves where you have none! Trust me... better yet, go find some!