Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OOTD: Vintage robin-egg pleated dress + Minnetonka boots

Hi guys! It feels like it's been forever since I've posted an OOTD post, you can view the last one here.
I've been ultra enthsiastic about this spring weather we're having, and I decided to wear a spring-time dress before we hit another cold snap.
 (cus you best believe it will be 40 degrees at least one more time before June) 
This vintage, robin egg colored, dress came from Value Village a few months back.
It's a bit thin to wear in the winter, even with tights, so I decided to wait.

I paired this springtime dress with Minnetonka moccasin boots and a skinny red leather Etienne Aigner belt I got from a yardsale years ago.
Speaking of Aigner, I just read an interesting and quite comical blogpost about this particular "forgotten 80s" brand here.

I've held onto this belt for years, since elementary school!
It came from a yard sale, a friend of my mother's was having. I can remember that bag of belts she gifted me  like it was yesterday! Gosh I was too excited about it.  

Speaking of yardsales...is it officially that time of year yet?
I'm actually thinking of having one... hmm...we shall see.




7 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm mad you can still wear a belt you wore in elementary school!
    Second of all, YES it is officially that time of year so gwan and have that there yard sale ma'am. I will buy all of your stuff! Lol.
    Third of all (and this, perhaps should have been first), I love the dress dear.

    ap~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Ap you are crazy! I usually wore the belt like a bracelet. And this yard sale will happen...I looked at a pile of clothes yesterday,that I don't wear, and realized that its officially time!

      Delete
  2. love it...from head to toe to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! Loving the belt, as you can well imagine. What great preppy 80s memories that brings back.

    ReplyDelete