Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thriftionary Vintage Spring Styling Ideas + Where to Wear?

Even though I think we are living in an anything-goes-era of fashion, I think it can still be hard to incorporate vintage items into your day to day wardrobe–especially as the seasons for wearing less layers are coming. I've picked a few Thriftionary pieces and styled them as simply as I could using one of my favorite styling resources.
Take a look and let me know what you think! 

Festival season is almost upon us. You know what that means: fringe, flower crowns, cropped tops and we're all praying NO Native American headdresses. These two looks (above and below) are still cute and unique enough to rock from AfroPunk to Coachella. The unisex medium tan fringe jacket is perfect for when night comes and the temperature starts to dip out there on the green. 
The look below features these size 4 100% cotton green high waist cut out shorts from Thriftionary's shop. I love these because they are thin, and cotton–comfortable enough to wear on the hottest of days. 

 Where to wear? All of this summer's festivals! 

This free size silk floral Bob Mackie lingerie top could appear difficult to style at first glance. The bold colors and the print plus the sheerness of the top could leave you wondering what season and to where? I think this top is such a great piece to layer with for spring and summer. I am sort of obsessed with bralettes much like the rest of the internet and the Urban Outfitters crowd, so it's no surprise I'd pair one with this sorta see-through kimono style lingerie top. Pairing the kimono top with an otherwise all black ensemble makes styling it easy-peasy.

Where to wear? Saturday art gallery crawling with your artsy friend–me  (lol)
This retro coral and white paisley size 14 fit-n-flare dress is a quick and easy spring fit! The print is so fresh and the shape is so spring. I think pairing it with a pump will dress it up just enough for a spring wedding. You could go all out with a floppy hat and wedge sandals and make it a cute retro resort look–though personally I'm loving the strappy heels and floral clutch wedding possibilities!

Where to wear? Spring wedding looks ya'll. All. Day! 
 Polka dots are classic. Red with white polka dots is probably the classic of the polka dot classics. I'm not sure if this size 4 polka dot Liz Claiborne dress would be difficult to style for anyone. The pencil dress shape and all over print just call for a pop of color or texture. Thats pretty much it. That's the ease of wearing a dress with an all over pattern/print. I provided some accessories anyway to illustrate! I think the best way to style it would be to add a skinny leather belt just above the waist with a simple tassle detail and some pumps.

Where to wear? Simplify your morning and wear it to work! 
 "An oversized woven clutch? But WHY?!" It's one of those things you don't even know that you need. LOL! I love this piece because its quirky and unexpected, but useful. In the summer time when you are on vacay and aren't interested in carrying more than your shades and a small handbag, this fits right under your arm holding your compact, I.D., and hotel key.You. Are. Welcome.

Where to where? On vacation–Saint Tropez maybe!?


If you missed the Vday sale don't be sad! There's still time to take 15% off any of these Thriftionary vintage items (and more) till May. Just use code: THANKYOU15 


No comments:

Post a Comment