Thursday, October 23, 2014

Summer 2014 adventure!


Hi guys! The last time I blogged I believe we were in the process of getting rid of (almost) everything we own. As you might remember, Mr. Thrifter and I moved across the pond this summer to London. We're still settling in, but we are feeling pretty at home these days. We've already had some friends from the States come visit us last week! (woo-hoo!)
Here are a few quick snapshots from the summer move....

*1000 degrees
Arizona is on my list of future vacation spots in the states. Believe it or not, in the 100+ degree dry heat I had an amazing experience. I knew Arizona was beautiful but I had no idea just how gorgeous.
The orangey-sandy dirt, ginormous knotty cacti, the grand mountains, and humbling heat--Arizona was a dream. Did I mention there was a haboob our last day there?! Yeah a giant dust storm, followed by the craziest spidery lightning I've ever seen. People told us we were crazy to go in the middle of the summer, but we don't regret it at all!





*Iceland jet laggy
Before we touched down in London we had a day layover in in Reykjavik, Iceland only to realize that we absolutely have to go back. We spent the morning being jet lagged and the following day strolling through the streets, trying some foods, and visiting small shops and restaurants. Super relaxing. Also-can I say, a lot of the houses were actually shaped like the triangle-on-rectangle ones we drew as kids? Anyway, next time we are going to take a longer trip to experience Iceland's great outdoors!



*home sweet home
London has been so good to us thusfar. Trying to take everything in at once is exhausting, so I've been taking everything one day at a time. I'm finding that London is a lot like New York. It's a big city but a bit slower, a tinge grey-er, more sprawled, but still very lively! Everything is old, but in a charming way--mostly. The fruit & veg markets, the small fridges, the heaters, the blocks, the butchers, the buildings, the mail, the shops that "specialize" in things.  I love our neighborhood. It's super diverse, and most people are really friendly. Oh! We went to Notting Hill Carnival. I don't like crowds, but it was well worth feeling a little anxious at times for the experience.


(Notting Hill Carnival)
(canal house boats)

(Portabello Road Market)

There are a few more photos from our summer on instagram @thriftionary

Lately I've been getting my photography website together. You can check out what how it's lookin'
so far here: armandacolsonphotography. I also linked up tumblr to it here. I'm looking forward to doing more product photography and portraits soon! I love the way blogging and thrifting bring some of my favorite activities together. Anyway, I will keep you all posted.
Can we talk about the fact that it's well into fall already?! Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment